Mormor came to visit and help out for a week during Nate's last week of shift work, while he was working nights. It has been a very easy adjustment (for me) to have Nate working a normal 40 hour per week schedule.
The girls were of course very excited to have Mormor here and enjoyed the extra attention.
They still seem to think that Mormor is a tickle machine.
Mormor and the girls read books together:
And danced together:
Karina is a blossoming photographer and likes to insist on taking some pictures herself. She took this one and it actually turned out well. Some of the pictures of our jack-o-lanterns she took in October turned out great too.
I'm not sure if Karina is jealous of Snoopy in this next picture, or just calm.
I was excited to get some nice pictures of me and Karina. This is also the first time I realized that Karina's hair is already darker than mine.
We went on a hike in Patapsco State Park the one day Nate wasn't working. The day was mild for November and everyone enjoyed the fresh air. Snoopy even managed to walk in front of me on his leash a lot of the time. Normally Snoopy walks behind me and everyone else in the group on walks (I think it's because he is so submissive), but that day the smells were too exciting to be last the whole time.
We made it to the swinging bridge.
If you look carefully, you can see Karina and Nate walking on the bridge in the next photo, while we were enjoying our little picnic on the Patapsco River.
For some reason I liked this picture taken with no one knowing. Kind of funny to see what we look like when no one is paying attention.
We went to a fun playground another day:
And went on lots of walks in the neighborhood:
My big belly and one of my favorite two girls:
Karina wearing my hat from high school (which has preserved its red color very well):
And then wearing Mormor's hat/visor for extra fun:
We all had a great time and appreciated Mormor's help.
































I am so glad I had a chance to visit. It was so much fun to be with Karina and Lydia! Tanja and Nate, you are doing such a good job raising the girls. I wish we lived closer!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Mormor