My sister had the fun idea to make aprons for Grandma and Grandpa for Father's Day with handprints or footprints from each of their grandchildren. So these aprons have been mailed around the country these last few weeks so all the grandchildren can get their marks on them. I removed this picture from our last post since I didn't want to spoil the surprise. Of course, when we called to talk to Grandma and Grandpa today, I asked if they got their present and they didn't know what I was talking about. I just said that my sister was putting something together for them, so they didn't know what they were getting, but I probably let the cat out of the bag that there was something coming that had involvement of all the kids.
Karina and Lydia enjoyed getting paint all over their hands and marking their handprints. They liked the sparkles and picking their favorite colors. Derek wasn't as interested and we mostly managed to get his footprint on without him getting too upset or making too much of a mess.
It was kind of fun that they were able to make these Father's Day aprons for Grandpa, while Mimi, their other grandfather, was here visiting. Speaking as their father, our kids love the time they get to spend with their grandparents chatting on the computer, or visiting in person when they get the chance. So Happy Father's Day, Grandpa and Mimi (and myself too, I guess).

No comments:
Post a Comment