Wednesday, May 1, 2019

From Nate and Tanja birthdays to Bunads

Nate celebrated his big milestone birthday at the end of March.  He got 1 candle for each decade lived :-)



Lydia likes the silliness of making robot helmets out of foam letters and she got Derek in on the fun this time too.



Derek still has sleep issues.  Most nights he sleeps in his toddler bed in our bedroom.  Only occasionally can we get him to sleep in his twin bed in his bedroom.  One night I put him to sleep in one of his beds, and then when I came upstairs later in the evening, I found him asleep in our bed.  Little sneak!


Sometimes Snoopy sleeps with Derek in his little bed in our room.  It is low to the ground and easy for Snoopy to get into.  Karina was jealous because Snoopy never sleeps in her bed.  So as a treat, one night I put Snoopy in Karina's bed and within minutes Karina came to me telling me to take Snoopy away.  Apparently Snoopy was cuddled against her and kept demanding to be petted. 


I also celebrated my birthday in April.  Silly faces picture:


Smiley faces picture:


The evening of my birthday was International Night at school.  There were displays and food samples from various countries, and also a show with some cultural performances and some costume displays.  Karina, Lydia, and Derek dressed in their Norwegian bunads.  When they were called up to display their outfits, Derek was slow coming up and there were lots of 'oohs' and 'awws' and 'he's so cute!' comments.  They are all adorable!


Derek's outfit calls for white ribbed knee socks, which we don't have.  Instead, I found white ribbed girls' tights in one of Lydia's drawers.  We told Derek they were 'sock pants' and he fell in love with them!  He refused to take them off at night when we came home late, so he slept in his sock pants and wore them again the next day. 







All of the kids seem to like demanding to have their picture taken whenever they are cuddling Snoopy, so recently we have ended up with a lot of Snoopy pictures.  


Snoopy knows a comfy lap when he sees one and he knows how to make sure hands keep petting him:






His cute baby teeth:


Lydia continues to feel honored whenever Snoopy sleeps in her room.  She likes to sleep on the floor hoping he'll come. 


The very sad news about Lydia is that her precious stuffed animal Emma has been missing for a couple weeks now.  She has been glued to her stuffed beagle Emma for 5 years.  She has long claimed Emma as her best friend.   Lydia would take her everywhere both around the house and on outings.  We have scoured the house up and down in every corner.  We have called or visited the lost and found of all the stores/school/etc she went to this month.  Still no Emma.  Lydia has been sleeping poorly.  She is up for hours at night because she can't sleep because she needs Emma to hold and she refuses other stuffed animals.  I really hope Emma will turn up.  I'm very sad too - I always thought Lydia's obsession with Emma was very cute, and I know how attached Lydia is/was to her. 



Piggy-back ride and more snuggles:




No comments:

Post a Comment