My parents came to visit for a week over Mimi's spring break, when he didn't have to teach any classes. The kids were in school except for one half day.
Instead of having a birthday party with friends, Derek decided to have a family birthday party on the half day of school when Mimi and Mormor came. He picked his party location: HyperKidz, and got to pick his dinner and cake, and got a few extra presents. Hyperkidz is always a huge highlight for him and hopefully he burned off some of his energy :-)
Derek asked me to make him a Transformers cake with the Autobot symbol. I didn't have the right tools for it, and made due with a cupcake decorating kit. Derek was kind and told me I did a 'pretty good job' creating the Autobot symbol on the cake and writing his name in M&Ms. Luckily, the cake was definitely delicious.
I was trying to get a photo of Mimi reading to Lydia and Derek, but Derek kept hiding behind the pillow. I still think he is cute with his eye poking out.
We walked to Rockburn Park another day. The kids love playing in the creek and throwing rocks in the water.
The playground is a hit too.
Maybe they were out of giggles by the time they posed with me.













.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment