Her stats are:
Head circumference: 45.5 cm (90th percentile)
Length: 27.5 inches (50th percentile)
Weight: 18 lbs 8 oz (50th percentile) Though I swear when I looked at her weight on the digital scale it said 18 lbs 4 oz, so my personal belief is that she is not quite that chubby yet.
Karina used to be long and skinny (75th percentile for height and 25th for weight) and now she is average in both height and weight. It will be interesting to see if she has some sort of growth spurt and becomes tall for her age again. I'm a little surprised to have an average height baby. The doctor was pleased with all her measurements though.
Developmentally, Karina was also on track.

Yesterday was her 9 month birthday and we took a few pictures of her in a new Sunday dress to celebrate. She has fun standing up in her jail (ie crib).


Karina has loads of fun every time Snoopy is near her. It is easily one of the highlights of her day. For example, if Snoopy's tail happens to brush her face she starts squealing with delight and giggles up a storm. She chases him around the house with glee. When he is on the couch she lifts herself up to stand leaning on the couch a few inches from him and thinks it is so much fun. I'm not sure if Snoopy enjoys the attention from her or not but he doesn't complain about it. A lot of the time he seems to follow Karina and me around and he positions himself right in the line of fire for Karina to attack him. I think he does it because I always pet him extra when she is mean to him. Snoopy's eyes always look so sleepy when the camera flash is used.

We took these pictures of her crawling this afternoon.


I tried to get a good picture of her top teeth today. They are starting to grow in pretty well!


Karina has started eating a lot of table foods. A few nights ago I made Mulligatawny Soup and she surprised us by liking it, curry and all. Basically it is an Indian soup with apple, chicken, carrots, rice, cream, and curry. She liked it much better than a Gerber stage 3 jar of chicken dinner baby food that she flat out refused when we offered it to her. I hope she will continue to like the regular food we make for ourselves. I am wondering if we can avoid giving her macaroni and cheese and other typical "kid foods" so she won't know the boring food she is missing.
SHE IS SO CUTE. I'M GLAD THAT SNOOPY IS TOLERANT. THE SOUP SOUNDS GOOD. MAYBE WE CAN TALK TANJA INTO MAKING IT WHEN SHE IS HERE SO WE CAN TRY IT
ReplyDelete