Thursday, March 15, 2012

Mormor and Morfar Visit - Part 1

My parents went home yesterday after a nearly week-long visit (to see Karina :-) ) She has developed a lot since they last saw her and she was thrilled to show off her skills and share her smiles. She luckily didn't have any stranger anxiety this time around. I'm not sure if it was because she has outgrown that stage or if it is because she is constantly talking to Mormor and Morfar on Skype and recognized their faces/voices.

When they first arrived, the weather was still chilly as you can see by our clothes. The last few days have reached 80 degrees though. Karina in her Ergo carrier:


She loves being tickled. Part of our daily routine is to take her upstairs to our bed a few minutes before her bath for tickle time. She giggles up a storm and shows off her teeth.




She likes to splash around during her bath:


My dad, Karina, and I with K's favorite Pooh book. The book has flaps on each page that she likes.


Every time we drove anywhere, my mom had dibs on sitting in the back next to Karina. She thought it was fun to entertain the princess and feed her snacks to keep her quiet during car rides. Karina liked the attention.


Both Snoopy and Karina think Mormor should share her food with them. Here my mom is eating cereal, but it was funny when she had a bagel in the mornings because both Karina and Snoopy would beg for pieces. Karina liked the cinnamon raisin bagels better than her normal Cheerios that she gets to distract her while I eat my breakfast.


On Sunday my dad came to pick Karina up after the first hour of church ended while Nate and I stayed. It was her first real time being babysat and according to my parents she was nothing but smiles the entire time. She even took a nap on my mom's chest.


The next night, Nate and I got to go out for dinner to celebrate our 3rd anniversary and my parents babysat Karina again. And of course she was nothing but cuteness. I suppose it's easy for her to be a happy baby when her grandparents dote over everything she does!

Nate and I after church:


Having fun with Mommy and Morfar:


Life is a party on Mormor's lap:


Another family photo (taken before my mom cut about 5 inches off my hair):


When we came home from our date on Monday night, Karina and my dad were playing tag. My dad was crawling around chasing Karina and Karina thought it was the funnest, funniest thing in the world. We should have gotten a video of it.



I think my dad thought it was at least as much fun as Karina :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment