Wednesday, October 23, 2013

First tooth!

Yesterday was an exciting day in our house.  In the afternoon, while Lydia was sucking on my finger, I felt something sharp biting me.  It was a tooth!  At four months old, I wish she would have waited several more months before getting a tooth, but congratulations to Lydia nonetheless!  

Also, Karina surprised me last night by announcing out of the blue that she needed to go to the potty.  I took her to the bathroom and she peed:-)  We had mostly taken a break from potty training because it was frustrating her (and us) and we weren't making progress.  Hopefully things will start rolling forward now.  I would love to save diaper money.

Yesterday was also Karina's half birthday, and I promised her last week that we would make her a half-birthday cake when the day arrived and she had been asking about it daily.  Finally the time came and we had a blast making chocolate cake.  As usual, she thought helping me mix everything and eating the batter were the best parts.



A few nights ago our doorbell rang and when we went to the door no one was there.  However, there was a Halloween bucket with candy and little toys and a note saying we had been 'booed', and basically a chain letter instructing us to 'boo' other neighbors.  Anyway, Karina loved the boo-package and got a taste of her first ring-pop.  She looked cute with a blue tongue and she thought her colored mouth was hilarious.  She is psyched to go trick-or-treating and frequently talks about it.  



For our daily walks, it has both gotten a little chilly as well as dark.  Our little explorer comes prepared on the walks with everything an adventurer might need e.g. flashlight, hat, shovel. 


Lydia's 4 month check up was last week and as usual we were excited for her stats to see how she is growing.  

Height: 26.5 inches (99th percentile)
Weight: 15 lbs 9 oz (77th percentile)
Head circumference: 41.5 cm (75th percentile)

She is both taller and heavier than Karina was, but Karina had a larger head at that age.   My mother can't find all my stats as a baby, but it would appear that I was both taller and fatter than both of my girls. Looking at old pictures of me, I can see that I was a chubby baby compared to our girls.  




During the past week Lydia has also learned to roll over.  She managed to roll over from back to tummy several times before succeeding at tummy to back rolls.  This is kind of strange, since back to tummy is considered more difficult.  



Lydia's tooth is still too small to see when she smiles, but I did catch a glimpse of it this morning while she was screaming with her mouth wide open. 


Two beautiful girls:


1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures of our happy granddaughters! We are so blessed to have them in our lives. We look forward to see you all at Thanksgiving.
    Mormor

    ReplyDelete