Monday, February 9, 2015

Home Fun

I decided to post some of the recent pictures we have taken.  I've noticed that a majority of the recent pictures we have are of Karina.   She is constantly asking me to take pictures of her.  Whenever I try to get a picture of just Lydia, Karina runs as fast as she can to join in the picture, and all of a sudden it is a group picture.  If I try to exclude Karina, it turns into a tantrum.   Of course when I take a picture of Lydia, she frequently will stop whatever she was doing and come towards the camera to see the picture I took.  I can't really win, but I feel bad for future Lydia and am trying to rectify the imbalance. 

One day while Lydia was napping, Karina and I made an oversized cube that I enclosed her inside of.  Kind of fun to be squished inside I guess. We promise this is not a disciplinary tactic!



Karina wanted to be photographed with with her stuffed animals, including Paddington who was wearing Mr. Potato Head's glasses:



And someone else squeezed her face into another pair of Mr. Potato Head's glasses:


The two little princesses enjoy playing together most of the time.  One fun activity is for Karina to spell words on the refrigerator with magnetic letters, and Lydia to just put the letters on the fridge. 


Lydia has taken to sitting on Karina's lap.  Not just on the rocking chair, but also when Karina is sitting on the floor, Lydia will come over and plop herself down.  Karina thinks it's hilarious. 


A fun bead and letter necklace that Karina made:


Lydia was upset in the next picture, but I think she is so adorable when she's mad:


Karina proud of herself, trying to see how long she can balance on one foot:


Nate left today to go to Texas and Georgia for work and won't be back until Friday.  It's not as sad as it would have been for the girls though, because Mormor and Mimi are flying in.  


Last week we had a 70 foot half rotted tree removed from our backyard.  It was a cherry tree, so we decided at the last minute to keep most of the wood, as it is apparently excellent for burning in the fireplace.  Now Nate just has to figure out how to split the ~16 inch chunks of trunk, with our non-existent wood splitting tools. 


Here is a typical example of something Karina wants me to photograph.  She was standing on her stuffed beagle, Robbie, and thought it was hilarious. 


My little munchkin being adorable:


Lydia continues to impress us with her verbal skills. She uttered her first 5 word sentence a while back:  "Mimi Mormor coming home soon".  I'm not sure if she meant she would talk to them on Skype or if she was talking about them visiting.  One of Lydia's favorite phrases is 'my turn, my turn'.  She is quick to point out it is her turn anytime Karina does anything that looks like fun.  

No comments:

Post a Comment