This will be the last post about our trip to Mexico centering on our time spent hanging around the resort. My apologies in advance for the large amount of pictures, though we did spend a fair amount of time trimming down from the total number we took.
The resort had 5 different cuisine-themed restaurants. At the steakhouse, they had a mechanical bull. I was eager to try it, so I was the first one of the night to volunteer. I managed to stay on for more than a minute and got to level 3 of 4 before it started spinning faster than I wanted to spin, so I fell off. By the time we left the restaurant that evening, I think I was in 2nd place among everyone who rode while we were there.
We spent a lot of time on the beach and playing in the ocean.
Many of the kids loved jumping in the waves. The current was really strong and a lot of the waves were really big.
Grant was a big fan of digging in the sand and burying people.
We spent many afternoons lounging in the pool. Between all our families, we had plenty of floating toys to keep everyone entertained.
Karina worked on sewing a bookmark with yarn that Grandma helped her make.
Here are our girls lounging by the pool.
I like this picture of Dallin and Logan kicking and splashing the water.
And this one of Lydia floating on the pizza with her goggles makes me laugh.
I think this is a fun picture of my sister Allison relaxing with the two youngest grandkids, her daughter Brenna and Kellie's son Ethan.
We packed an entire suitcase full of pool and beach toys. The biggest hit was the collection of squirt guns - when I brought them down to unsuspecting kids in the pool and yelled out "Now you are all in big trouble!", I had kids from all our families scrambling to get their turn with the squirt guns so they could spray their cousins. Here are Russell and Miles taking aim.
Karina trying to get people wet.
Some of the group went down the street to take pictures by the big Cancun sign along the road. There was a long line, so the kids passed the time playing rock, paper, scissors.
And here is the Cancun sign - fairly anti-climactic, but a good photo op nonetheless.
On our last day, Grant insisted he wanted to bury Grandpa in the sand (reference earlier pictures where he was being buried). He got help from most of the other grandkids, and got started digging his hole.
Ethan just sat and watched the craziness while staining his face with some frozen drink. Quite the Kool Aid mustache...
The hole eventually was big enough for Grandpa to get in. He kept yelling at the kids to stop throwing sand in his face.
Of course, Derek was one of the main ones throwing (or shoveling as the case may be) sand in his face...
He finally roared (scaring Derek) and shouted he was a sand monster who was going to attack all the kids as he wriggled and thrashed his way out of his sandy tomb.
Then he lumbered toward the water as the sand monster halfway chasing Karina before he dunked himself in trying to rinse off.
Of course, then some of the other kids decided they wanted to be buried too, so here's Courtney getting buried in the sand.
We stayed and played at the beach a little longer by jumping into the waves a few more times.
The kid's club had a fun pool with a pirate ship, a castle, and a bunch of slides. Here's Derek in the kid's club pool where he found dolphins.
A quick picture with Grandma and Grandpa along with Derek, and Aaron with his kids Russell and Courtney.
Eventually it was time to leave the resort and head to the airport in a shuttle bus at the end of a long and enjoyable family reunion.
Thanks for pulling this all together, Grandma and Grandpa! We had fun!






































No comments:
Post a Comment