I got some new planters for the deck railing and Lydia helped me drill water drainage holes on bottom. I'm hoping to grow some vegetables and fruit on my deck this year! I have started some seedlings already and they are doing well.
Mimi and Mormor playing with the kids:
Karina and Derek think it is fun when Karina carries him and when he gets piggyback rides. Karina is pretty strong because she only weighs 15 pounds more than Derek.
Mimi and Derek holding hands as they cross the street on the way to the bus stop to get Karina and Lydia after school:
I thought Snoopy was cute coming out of the house. He is handsome in his old age:
Mimi and the kids played baseball many times during the week.
A game of balloon tossing:
Lydia enjoyed playing the piano for Mormor. When Karina practiced piano, everyone needed to pretend they couldn't hear.
Snoopy went on a walk for the first time in ages. It might be 1.5 years since he had last gone on a walk around the neighborhood. Lydia and Derek took turns holding the leash. The walk took seemingly forever... It took about half an hour to get where we should have been after 5-7 minutes. The kids couldn't pull Snoopy's leash because then he limps the next day. So Snoopy got to sniff everything for as long as he wanted and it was very slow going.
Eventually we ran out of patience and put Snoopy in the stroller, so we could get some exercise. Snoopy's nose was wiggling and sniffing as Derek and I pushed around the royal beagle's stroller. We got some 'looks' and comments from random people walking by. When we were about 5 minutes from home I took Snoopy out of the stroller and it took another half hour to get home. Snoopy will not be going on more walks anytime soon. Lucky for him we have a nice backyard and he has a doggy door.
Playing on a train track:
In Lydia's bed:
Then when Nate and I were in New York, Mimi and Mormor didn't take any pictures, so the week is scant on photos.
When we got back, there was one more day before they flew back to Miami. We went to a big playground.
Thanks for a nice visit and for taking care of the kids so Nate and I could celebrate our anniversary!























No comments:
Post a Comment