Monday, June 7, 2021

April - More Birthdays

At the beginning of April, we celebrated Easter with a big egg hunt.  The kids are fast and enjoy the challenge.


On a day off from school, I took the kids to the National Aquarium in Baltimore.  We hadn't been there in a while, so it was a nice change of pace.  It was also nearly empty because of the lower capacity constraints of COVID.


I celebrated my birthday and got lots of hugs.  We also walked to Rockburn park that day.



Snoopy apparently likes snuggling with Emma:


Derek's beagle, Douglas, was wearing antlers like a reindeer.


Karina's birthday was more exciting than mine.  She got lots of treasures including many books.  Karina is a bookworm and it is always a struggle to make sure she has a 'next book' to read. 





Karina's friend Christine and her older sister made this jellyfish for Karina by hand - we think it was crocheted.  I was impressed by their handiwork.


All three of the kids started the soccer season in April.  Below is a picture of Derek's team.  I didn't have my phone with me, so I asked another parent to text me a picture, and unfortunately it was very blurry. 


Here is Lydia's team:

And Karina's team is below.  Karina's coaches are two 17 year old girls in 11th and 12th grade.  They have played on a travel soccer team for years and volunteered to coach a team this spring.  We were very impressed with their enthusiasm and skill. 


Derek, the comedian, thought it was be hilarious to start taking pictures of me on my phone.  



After he finished photographing me, I got to photograph him.



No comments:

Post a Comment