We started out in the city of Bingen where we had a little time before our cruise began. We hiked up to the castle there, the Klopp Castle, and took some pictures of the town and the countryside from the top of the tower and around the castle grounds.

Then it was time for our cruise. It was a little chilly, but not too bad, and the scenery of the towns, vineyards, castles, and river was stunning. Seeing castles by boat is definitely the way to go!
Check out the vineyards and colors:
Typically, we don't let strangers use my camera since it is a little more complicated than the basic point and shoot. I was bouncing back and forth between taking pictures of Tanja or the scenery and then posing while she took one of me. Snoopy was a little scared of the boat ride, so his reviews might not be as glowing as ours, but he was a good sport nonetheless.
Ultimately, there was a lady from Arizona on the boat who noted that we were taking turns snapping photos of each other and she offered to take one of both of us. I think it turned out pretty well.
When we got off the boat at St. Goar, we were ready to explore some more. We went and toured the ruins of Rheinfels Castle. I felt a little like Indiana Jones exploring the area with so much history.
We have been very impressed with the Fall colors here and we found a good spot on the ruins to show some of them.
Honestly, I don't remember what I did that Tanja punished me by throwing me in the stocks, but eventually, she let me out, so I guess I was forgiven! ;-)

Stay tuned, more posts and pictures will be forthcoming!
I can't believe how many castles there are. That is beautiful countryside! Wow. Keep the pictures coming. It makes me happy to see these fun adventures!
ReplyDelete