
I had all kinds of grand plans for documenting the exit from the hospital with my camera. Unfortunately, even though Sunday had been beautiful weather all day long, when we were leaving, the whole area was absolutely hammered by a thunderstorm. The rain was coming down in horizontal sheets as the wind blew it. The lightening was flashing and the thunder was roaring. Amazingly, Karina slept through it all in her car seat. Tanja, Tove, and Karina kept dry inside the hospital and then underneath the covered entrance. I, on the other hand, as the gentlemanly father got absolutely drenched dashing out to bring in the first car and then to get into mine. Here I am drenched as I bring her through our front door.

Life at home has been good. After that first night, Karina has slept pretty well (knock on wood). We're doing our best to take it easy and rest when she does. We went out for our first walk together yesterday. Despite the heat, it was a nice way to get out of the house. Tanja initially thought she would only last a few minutes, but she was feeling fine and went the whole walk with us.

We found a few scenic spots in the neighborhood for some photos. Here we feature the cherry blossoms that are so beautiful when they are in bloom as Karina dreams in the background.

And here is our lovely lady in the back yard of one of our neighbors. I thought the tulips in the background of the bed of blue wildflowers were a nice setting.

We gave Karina her first sponge bath at home this morning. Snoopy's still not quite sure what to make of our new addition, but he is going with the flow as always. As long as he gets fed and petted, he is content (the extra treats he's been getting haven't hurt either). Karina didn't really enjoy the bath, but being cuddled in her towel afterward wasn't so bad.

I cannot believe that Tanja was up and walking. One tough gal. Karina looks so small in the car seat.
ReplyDeleteCute! She is so tiny! Tell Tanja to stay down and enjoy resting for a few days so that she doesn't pay for it later!!!
ReplyDelete