Tonight is the end of March Madness (the men's college basketball tournament). As always, I filled out a bracket with my predictions. This year, it didn't work out that well for me. Of course, of over 5 million brackets submitted to ESPN, only two correctly predicted the Final Four teams. However, Tanja's bracket did better than mine. She even did a joke bracket based on which mascot she liked better. Because she ultimately decided she liked Butler's Bulldog the most, and they had yet another improbable run into the final game, that bracket even beat mine. Completely embarrassing. She also beat me last year. She also beat me in the college football bowl game predictions. This leads me to two conclusions.
1. I definitely need to spend more time watching sports so I can be better prepared for these competitions.
2. It's time for me to turn in my man badge.
I thought maybe I could redeem some of my manliness yesterday as we were changing the outlets in the nursery. The previous owners had gotten sloppy painting over the beige outlets, so it was a safety concern. However, Tanja informed me that the primary reason we were changing the outlets was because the old ones were beige and the color scheme didn't go well with the newly painted yellow walls, so we were making the change for aesthetic reasons. Then I didn't even succeed with one of the outlets that is supposed to be controlled by the light switch. Yep, I might as well turn in the man badge and start carrying around whatever frilly pink diaper bag new dads are supposed to have.
As for conclusion number one, I have to get back to the basketball game. GO BUTLER! ;-)
I'm very disappointed! Please send your man badge to me. I also had to take my roommates away because he's 33 years old and doesn't own jumper cables.
ReplyDelete