We also recently bought a new sofa set (reclining sofa and loveseat), so we have been rearranging lots of furniture the past couple of weeks, and also sold Nate's old couch on Craigslist. Somehow we decided to make the upstairs (main floor) living area the TV room with the reclining furniture, and our basement living area has the piano. So far Snoopy has not been a huge fan of the reclining couches because he doesn't like that they move... I think he also misses the old couches on the main floor because he used to spend about half of his day sitting on the backrest of the couch staring out the large window watching our very exciting front yard (and protecting us from any dogs going by on the sidewalk by ferociously howling at them). Snoopy can't really jump up on the back rest of the new couch, because it moves and reclines when he does. We've figured out we can solve the problem by leaving the seat completely reclined at times, making a 'cat perch' on the couch available to him. Here he is on his modified cat perch:

Our new tv room:


Snoopy also didn't know what to make of the piano at first yesterday. He kept tilting his head in curiosity every time I played a note and perked his ears at the strange new noise-maker. He obviously has never been near a piano before. I wish I had before pictures of the basement because the difference between then and now is huge. And now the room has a wonderful piano :-)



This week we finished attending both a childbirth preparation class and a newborn care class. I think we are now as ready for Karina's arrival as we are going to be. There is not much left to do except wait for her arrival. Only four weeks left until my due date, but I suppose she could come anytime at this point.
This weekend will also be exciting because tomorrow is Nate's birthday! The funny thing is that the weather forecast is predicting 2 inches of snow tomorrow as Nate's birthday present, with a high of 35 degrees as frosting on the cake. If he's lucky, he'll be shoveling snow as birthday exercise :-) We just hope the snow won't ruin the cherry blossoms in DC as the festival is already underway and we were halfway planning on going down at some point to take pictures and enjoy the pretty trees.
Looks good! I hope that you love your new piano!
ReplyDelete