Sunday, March 13, 2011

Daylight Savings Time Warp

So last night we submitted to the biannual Congressionally mandated imposition of jet lag known as Daylight Savings Time. It's always a pain the first few days, but I suppose I will manage. Of course, I have myself to blame for much of it this year since I was up until after midnight watching Utah State win the WAC Conference Tournament. One of my main annoyances with living on the East Coast is that the games I want to watch airing on the West Coast finish well after my bedtime. It was one of the things I enjoyed going to grad school - Pacific Time Zone meant I could wake up to watch sports at 9 AM and not finish until 10 PM (in time to go to bed at a decent hour). Oh well, that's life. Continuing on the tangent - I just watched the Selection Show, and am somewhat surprised the committee gave USU a 12 seed. All the bracketology reports I read had them as an 8 seed. Oh well. Honestly, they probably deserve an 11 or 12 seed anyway. I think they will be a trendy upset pick over Kansas State, but after watching USU play in their tournament, I was less than impressed. History being what it is, my advice is to pick Kansas State in this matchup and feel better (although I will definitely have USU winning a game or two in my annual upset special bracket).

"Utah State! Hey, Aggies all the way! Go Aggies! Go Aggies! Hey, hey, hey!"

OK, tangent over. I'm hoping I get over the time shift soon, because I am really tired. I took a nap earlier today, and Tanja decided Snoopy and I looked cute enough to take a picture of us sleeping. I thought it was kind of funny, so I might as well share.


March Madness is coming up! I'm excited, and Tanja tolerates it, so that's good with me! :-)

2 comments:

  1. I appreciated you keeping me in the loop as far as the tournament goes... but a text message at 6:30 am (felt like 5:30) on a Sunday morning felt like the dead of night this morning! LOL! Enjoy your March Madness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Allison. Although in all fairness, I think you are used to waking up at strange hours with Grant... ;-)

    ReplyDelete