Sunday, August 21, 2011

Almost Four Months Old

The little princess turns 4 months tomorrow! I'm excited and nervous to go to the doctor's office with her on Thursday to find out how much she has grown (and unfortunately for her to get more shots). We have been weighing her regularly on our bathroom scale and according to it, she is about 13 pounds. At that rate, she may have just barely jumped out from her previous 10-25th percentile for weight. We'll see though.

Today we tried to let her take a nap without putting her in her trusty swaddle jacket, and she woke up flailing her arms an entire hour before she normally wakes up. As this was the one nap she never wakes up early from, I think it means we will be using the swaddle until the jacket doesn't fit her anymore, which will be awhile. Up until now, the swaddle has worked wonders for us and her sleeping routine.

Here are some of the pictures we took this week. First is Snoopy asleep with his tongue and baby front teeth sort of sticking out. Very attractive :-)


Karina has been doing lots of tummy time, to her displeasure, and she is getting quite strong. She does lots of mini-pushups and spins in circles around the play gym as she does them.


I was trying to get a picture of her smiling in her bouncer, but also ended up with a photo of her making a funny face. It's hard to capture her smile because she seems to always stop smiling once she sees the camera. I think she doesn't like that I am no longer giving her my complete attention since I keep looking at the camera. We've managed to get a few smiley pictures, but none of them are when her smile is at its biggest grin.



In this next picture, we were trying to get her to fall asleep (she is swaddled), and she was doing one of her cute and annoying tricks. Instead of falling asleep or getting drowsy, she thought the whole thing was funny and was grinning up at me, wide awake, like being put to sleep was the funnest thing ever.


And lastly, here she is just chilling.


I'll write another post later in the week, when I find out her newest height, head circumference, and weight percentiles.

1 comment:

  1. She looks like she has DOUBLED in size since July. Very happy little lady. Love the pictures

    ReplyDelete