It is hard for us to believe that Lydia is already 2 weeks old! It has been a crazy month (really 2 months) and hopefully things will settle down to a new normal soon. Lydia is a good sport and Karina has taken her role as big sister very seriously. Snoopy has been fairly neglected recently, but doesn't complain. He got a new fence on Thursday and has been enjoying exploring his half acre yard. I am glad we don't have to worry about whether he needs to pee at night - his doggy door is very convenient for everyone. Lydia and Snoopy hanging out:
Resting on my lap afterwards:
Poor Lydia first had to pose in Snoopy's bed, and then got stuck posing with the bunny:
Today, while we were in the car on the way to Lowe's, Lydia was screaming at the top of her lungs. Karina didn't seem to appreciate the crying on what she would have thought was an exciting car trip, and she repeatedly said "Lala please, lala please." (Lala is her word for Lydia). When that didn't help lessen Lydia's screaming, Karina moved on to shout out "Happy Lala, happy Lala, happy Lala." Too bad she couldn't convince Lydia to quiet down. We thought it was adorable how Karina was trying to reason with her newborn sister.
Lydia also had her first tear today. I remember I took a picture of Karina's first tear, and I wish I could have done it with Lydia too, but I first saw it at Lowe's and didn't have a camera with me.
A more noteworthy milestone is that Lydia lost her umbilical cord a few days ago and she now has a cute little belly button:-)
Some pictures with Nate and the girls:
Karina had a huge milestone today as well: she peed in the toilet for the first time! We have been trying to encourage her to do it for months, and had success today. She earned 5 M&Ms for it and she was thrilled. Hopefully this means she is willing to be properly potty trained now.
Karina is always asking to hold Lydia now too. She thinks it is really fun to have her in her arms:











No comments:
Post a Comment