Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Derek Turns 1 Year Old!

Little Derek has been walking more and more.  Each day his longest independent walk is a couple steps longer than the day before.  He can currently walk a distance of about 10 feet before falling. 




On his actual birthday, Derek was not feeling great.  He was cranky and tired all day.  I thought it was a tooth coming but none ever showed up, so it must have just been a virus.  


As expected, Karina and Lydia were more interested in his presents than Derek was.  




He did like his new musical walker.  There is a setting to make the rear wheels lock (and not spin) which makes it move much slower, and helps prevent him from falling down.  





The girls liked playing with his mini basketball hoop/soccer goal.






I thought I made him a delicious carrot cake, but as I said, he wasn't feeling well, and was not excited about it.  Luckily Karina, Lydia, and Nate could appreciate it.



He refused to even try the cake or the frosting.  Just offering it to him made him scream. We'll have to remind him when he is older that he refused to try his 1st birthday cake.


His stats from his one year old check up were:

Weight: 24 lbs 11.5oz (90th%)
Height: 32.25 in (just above 99th%)
Head Circumference: 48.5cm (97th%)

Mimi and Mormor are currently visiting.  I'll post pictures after their visit is complete. 

No comments:

Post a Comment