Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Off to Mickeyworld

After several long weeks at work, I was definitely ready for a vacation. We took advantage of a Give-a-Day Get-a-Day promotion that Disney was holding where we gave a day of service for a free day in one of their parks. When I was younger, I was decidedly anti-Disney. My family teased me when they learned of our destination. I'm not ready to become a full-fledged Mouseketeer, but we did have a good time together exploring each of the parks over the week of Memorial Day. We both decided that Toy Story was the best ride, battled the daily thunderstorms with smiles on our faces, and had a great time. So great in fact, that on the last day in Magic Kingdom, after going through our touring plan a little earlier than expected (something that is possible if you are not going with any little children that need autographs from all the characters), we only had six or seven rides left that we had not ridden. We decided to push ahead and take advantage of the extra magic hours. So even though we didn't exactly fit in some of the rides, we managed to make it on every one. Surprisingly, they didn't have any award or anything for us - but I think we definitely deserve one. There probably aren't many people that can say they rode every ride in Magic Kingdom in one day.

I got to take on Zurg behind bars after apprehending him...

...and found an error in some of the game software they had at Mission Space ;-)

We went on Kilimanjaro Safari and got up close and personal with a few giraffes...

...and Tanja tried to run me over on the Tomorrowland Speedway.


We ate dinner in Rainforest Cafe (not particularly tasty, but kind of a fun atmosphere)...


...and got some fun pictures of us together all throughout the parks.

Playing on the bridge at Tom Sayer's Island

Exploring Mexico's (above) and Norway's (below) country exhibits at Epcot Center

An enjoyable getaway for sure ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment