In late April my parents visited us, since my dad was attending a conference in Baltimore. The other times they have come to see us, they've basically just been fixing/installing/cleaning or doing something or other on our house. This time, my mother at least got to go on two fun outings with us. One of them was going to Shenandoah National Park for a day to go hiking. I had planned on a 5 mile hike through some waterfalls, but I didn't realize we were supposed to turn around after the first set of waterfalls, so our hike ended up being 8 miles instead. Snoopy didn't like all the rocks he had to walk on and was very worn out at the end. We've figured out he loves running and playing in grassy fields and snow, but that rocky hills are definitely not his idea of fun.
Where we live in Maryland, Spring had already come, and there were green leaves everywhere, but Spring had not come to much of Shenandoah yet. I think it would have been prettier hiking there a few weeks later. Nate and I would also love to go back sometime in the Fall when the leaves are colorful.



While my parents were visiting, my dad and Nate also installed new faucets in both upstairs bathrooms, since they both weren't working properly.

No comments:
Post a Comment