Monday, December 13, 2010

Thanksgiving

This post is coming kind of late as Thanksgiving was over 2 weeks ago... For the holiday weekend, my parents flew in to celebrate with us. Thanksgiving dinner was very yummy with all the standard fixings. I was happy to get tablecloths from my mother - I have been wanting a navy blue tablecloth, to match our wedding dishes, with a white pretty lace tablecloth to go on top. They're really too big for our kitchen table, but they should fit on our dining table (which strangely we don't use for eating as the dining room is more like an office to us). Now I finally can have a pretty set table and it matches the chairs I refinished a while ago in farm blue:


Yummy turkey:


We should probably invest in a tripod so we can take pictures with everyone in them in the future.



Over the course of the weekend we painted nearly the entire main floor and the stairwell up to the top floor. It was a big job! The annoying thing was that the paint didn't cover completely in one coat, though it wasn't cheap paint. I think it's because I had to buy environmentally friendly, low VOC paint because of the pregnancy, and it just doesn't work as well as the harsh chemical paint.

We also picked out a Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving and had fun decorating it. Here is our Christmas tree and our newly painted walls (not to mention a crooked picture hanging on the wall). I wish I were in something nicer than my paint outfit. Snoopy needs to work on his posing skills.



No comments:

Post a Comment