1. Bringing the giant box containing our new patio table in from my car and assembling the table on our deck.
2. Washing the mold/mildew off one wall of our vinyl siding using my new ladder.
3. Cleaning out the rain gutters with that same ladder.
4. Replacing our worn out ceiling fan in our living room.
5. Repairing the backyard water spigot that we had never turned on because of warnings posted on the pipes about the leak and then patching the drywall cut away to access the leak.
6. Painting the vaulted ceiling in our master bedroom.
7. Patching a hole in the drywall in our master bedroom ceiling.
8. Caulking the flashing on our front awning and hopefully plugging a leak we experienced in our living room.
9. Repairing the lawn mower.
10. Various front yard maintenance tasks.
11. Sorting through my clothes and finding items to donate to Goodwill and others that were rag-worthy. Overall my wardrobe, which hadn't been sorted thoroughly since high school, is now about 50 items smaller in size and Tanja is thrilled. (Note that Tanja wrote this one. I am still devastated and had tried to block this event from my mind).
Here's my dad working on item #5 from this list - sealing the handy Shark Bite pipe fitting over the damaged pipe he just cut away that my mom is holding:

Doing all this in the heat and humidity of summer was very draining, but we we got it all done and we are very grateful my parents were here to help us out. They loved getting to know their granddaughter as well. Here's my dad saying goodbye to Karina.

And since we are not allowed to do blog posts without featuring the baby, here she is in one of the new outfits Grandma brought her.

Yes, that is a heart on her butt, and yes, I think that makes the outfit.
Yes, I like the outfit too. Looking at the list makes me tired. Wish I could have been of more help, but I did enjoy getting acquainted with Karina, she is adorable. And I especially enjoyed seeing Nate in the role of daddy. Nate - I told you so!
ReplyDeleteThe heart on the butt totally makes the outfit...but I am a little surprised you are calling attention to your daughters behind.... isn't that something that dads typically try to avoid? I took you for more of a sitting on the porch cleaning out the shotgun kind of daddy... :)
ReplyDelete