Nate and Karina at the lion exhibit:

Karina has two teeth now and you can actually see them in pictures. Her teeth are quite sharp and she has been learning she can't bite our fingers anymore like she used to with her gums.

Our Nordic princess:

We were also excited to have my brother Thomas come and visit us for a couple days. This was his first time meeting Karina. She had stranger danger the first time she met him, but then warmed up to him and was ready with her smiles.


Since Thomas hadn't really ever seen much in Washington DC before, we headed down there yesterday to tour the monuments and memorials. Snoopy came too and we walked and walked and walked! Nate and I finally got to see the anticipated Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial, which was completed earlier this year.
At some point, Thomas decided to put his sunglasses on Karina and she looked like she was made for them. Every time we see this picture we burst out laughing. We aren't sure if she is a diva or an aviator. She is just too cool.

Nate and Karina at the Jefferson Memorial:

After listening to Karina scream her heart out the entire drive home from DC, we relaxed at home and went out for dinner later on. Karina got lots of attention:

As usual Snoopy was patient regardless of what a new situation brings. Thomas thought Karina should ride Snoopy so we tried it out, but I don't plan on a repeat performance:

Some more cute pictures of Thomas with Karina:


Thomas flew home to Oregon this morning. Thanks for visiting!
Nate and I aren't planning anything special for New Year's. For the first time in recent years, I think I will actually stay awake all the way until midnight. I finally got a book I have been on the wait list for at the library and plan on reading it tonight to stay awake. Nate will probably busy himself with football.
Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment